Headquartered in Japan, MonotaRO is a leading eCommerce distributor of industrial and business supplies.
We are proud to be recognized by the industry for:
- Hassle free procurement - High quality goods at a reasonable price
- Fast Shipping - From Japan to your door
- Powered by technology - A sophisticated product search engine powered by a smart algorithm
We offer a wide selection of products at reasonable prices. You can find over 15 million items across categories like manufacturing, safety supplies, engineering, construction, R&D, electrical, office supplies, hardware, tools, automotive, kitchen equipment, and more.
Find what you are looking for by searching on MonotaRO here.
Over 15 million items
Over 15 Million products across 23 categories found easily using a sophisticated search function.
Over 2,300 suppliers
Official distributor for over 2,300 suppliers.
3 large distribution centers
Large scale and efficient operations with 3 large distribution centres
Delivery from Japan to 18 countries
“To Transform the Business Procurement Network”
MonotaRO was created with the vision of transforming the industrial goods supply chain. By using the power of technology we aspire to create a unique online store where it is possible to shop for all the things needed for a workplace in one shot.
As an authorized distributor of goods for more than 2,300 industry-leading suppliers, customers can be assured that the products they order are authentic and provided directly by the supplier.
|Company Name||MonotaRO Co.,Ltd.|
|President & CEO||Masaya Suzuki|
|Capital||1.99 billion yen|
|Major shareholder||GRAINGER GLOBAL HOLDINGS, INC.|
|Headquarters||Liber Bldg. 3F, 2-183 Takeyacho, Amagasaki, Hyogo, Japan 660-0876|
|Employees||3,000 employees (part-time and temporary employees included)|
|Business||E-commerce site selling indirect materials for businesses.|
- Established by Sumitomo Co., Ltd and W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Opened website https://www.monotaro.com/
- Began services nationwide.
- Established Distribution Center in Higashi Osaka City.（1,320m2、extension to 3,300m2 in February 2003）
- Launched private brand "MonontaRO"
- Company Renamed (Sumisho Grainger Co., Ltd. → MonotaRO Co., Ltd).
- Listed on TSE Mothers (stock code: 3064).
- Moved Distribution Center to Amagasaki, Hyogo Prefecture（24,000m2)
- Moved headquarters to Amagasaki, Hyogo.
- Entered the automotive aftermarket industry.
- Opened Second Distribution Center in Suminoe, Osaka.（9,900m2、reduced to 6,600m2 to June 2009）
- Started to publish construction supplies catalog
- Listed on the TSE First Section: (Stock code: 3064).
- Started overseas export business.
- Launched private brand "Osaka Spirit"（Changed to national brand in August 2019）.
- Expanded Distribution Center to 28,000m2 and integrated with the Distribution Center in Suminoe, Osaka.
- Established Distribution Center in Tagajyo, Miyagi Prefecture（8,300m2、closed in May 2017）
- Launched private brand "Otokomae MonontaRO"（integrated with “MonotaRO” in August 2019）.
- Expanded business to Korea.
- Included in Forbes Asia's list of "Top 200 Most Outstanding Companies Under $100 Billion in Annual Sales"
- Started agricultural materials and kitchen equipment product sales business.
- Established Amagasaki Distribution Center in Amagasaki, Hyogo Prefecture（44,000m2）.
- Started Medical & nursing care equipment product sales business.
- Expanded business to Indonesia.
- Established Kasama Distribution Center in Kasama, Ibaraki Prefecture（56,200m2）
- Included in Forbes' list of "World's Most Innovative Growth Companies" (6th place)
- Established Hokkaido Distribution Center in Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture（990m2）
- Expanded business to China.
- Established a physical shop in Saga Prefecture as a proof of concept.(closed in July 2021)
- Expanded business to India.
- Established Ibaraki Chuo Satellite Center in Higashi Ibaraki-gun, Ibaraki Prefecture（49,000m2）